Pages

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Week 11

Back side of baby

Baby as it was rolling over...
Week 11 was a little bit scary. Last week I woke up normally to go to work, and went to the bathroom and realized I had started bleeding when I went to the bathroom, and I was also having really bad cramps. I immediately went to the hospital. Once I got to the hospital, they put the thing on my stomach that lets you hear if the baby's heartbeat was there...IT WAS! Luckily! That was such a relief. Then the doctor came in to do an ultrasound to figure out why I was bleeding. Looking at the ultrasound, the baby was completely fine! It was in my tummy moving all around, you could even see it's little hands and feet moving. The doctor said I had subchoronic hemmorhaging, which is where my placenta was moving away from my uterus and causing me to bleed. The doctor said there was nothing that could be done earlier than 20 weeks (after 20 weeks they might be able to sew it up) but get a lot of bed rest and not do ANYTHING. So I sat home for two days last week and all weekend. I went back into the doctor on Monday and they did another ultrasound. Again, saw the baby, everything looked good, and my little problem had gone away! :) Best news ever!! The baby was sleeping during this ultrasound, the pictures above are from the second ultrasound. The nurse sort of got the baby to start rolling over, but not very good pics were taken. :( Week 11 sucked for Brandon's family a little bit too, poor little Lily had to go to the hospital as well and have her tonsils taken out. We went up to the hospital yesterday after our doctor appointment to see her, and she was in quite a bit of pain. Poor baby girl. She's doing better today though, home finally!

So that was Week 11, hopefully Week 12 is so much better for everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment